Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Four Types of Yoga
The four types of yoga are Raja, Bhakti, Karma, and Jnana. Raja stresses mental and spiritual development. It works through various stages to free the mind form anger, lust, hatred, greed, and so by mediation. Bhakti is the fostering of love and devotion to god. Karma is where one can obtain salvation or love or god by performing their duties in an unselfish manner. Everything you do is with pure intentions and with the hope of uplifting the lives of others. Jnana is the ability to distinguish between what is real and unreal, it is the path of knowledge and wisdom. I think the yoga that best fits my personality is Karma because i do not do things with evil or malice intentions and I like to make other people feel better. Before I do things I think of how it will affect other people and I always take my friends into consideration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Krissy,
I'm like you in that i do thinks thinking how a person might feel. Not because of Karma but because that how i was raised. Do you think your up bringing has anything to do with that or is it your just worried about karma, what goes around comes around?
Krissy, would the actual practice of karma yoga fit with your life and personality as well? Which parts of it would work well for you and which parts wouldn't?
Post a Comment