The main principle of Wu-Wei is going with the flow, swimming with the current. Another principle is to live without purpose, and to live in harmony and balance. They definitely don't believe in fighting or showing aggression. The greatest possession is life, and fame, wealth, power, and education are mere illusions. They despisethe fame, pomp, and glory most people seek. In today's society these beliefs would be hard for me to follow. I was raised to state my opinion and not to be afraid to say I don't believe in something. I am a person that basically goes with the flow because I follow laws and rules and basically do what is expected of me. But sometimes I might see someone being treated unfairly and then I need to speak up and defend that person. I don't necessarily believe in fighting but I do believe that people can have different opinions, and that in today's world governments have to be able to defend their people. We are also raised to want an education and wealth. I'm not saying money is everything but most people want finanical security. I think our beliefs are alomst oppsite of those of Tao because we seek to achieve and set goals for ourseves which may include fame, power, and wealth. We are also taught to have a purpose in life which is against another principle of Tao.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think so too. These beliefs would be hard to follow today. I like to go with the flow, but I have a big mouth and like to fight. And love a good argument
Post a Comment