
My Kamidana will be placed on a shelf in my bedroom. Since I share an apartment with Stephanie my only private space is my bedroom. Since this is the space where I spend most of my alone time I thought it would be the perfect place for me to enjoy and reflect on my shrine. I placed a candle with a picture of Grandpa George next to it. I like to burn the candle in memory of my grandfather and think of the happy times we shared. I also placed a cross in my shrine because it is very comforting to me. This cross was used at my grandpa's funeral so I feel that I have both Jesus and my grandpa looking over me. Then I have a statue of black lab dogs and this is in memory of my two dogs Bear and Cub. Bear was a police dog and went to work with my dad so we got another black lab named Cub as our family pet. Whenever I look at this statue I have to smile when I think of all the fun I had with these dogs. I also placed a Holy Bible on this shelf. Not only does it remind me of my religion and faith but there is a family tree inside which I enjoy looking at. The last thing on my shrine is a statue figure of Belle. This is purely for fun. Belle is my favorite princess and when I look at her I think of my family and our fun vacations. My shrine is set up to remember the loved ones that I have lost, to remind me of my faith in God, and to think of my family and the good times that we have shared.
1 comment:
Religion, Family, fun, and pets. Everything to put a smlie on your face. I love dogs so much I treat my cat like a dog. He sits, speaks and lays down.
Post a Comment