Monday, December 17, 2007

Jesus and Martin Luther King

If Jesus and Martin Luther King were time warped into the present I think they would be confused with some of the things they see and happy with others. I think Jesus would be unhappy with the sexual scandal of the Catholic Church, the high rate of divorce, and the issue of abortion. On the other hand I think that Martin Luther King might feel it is the individuals body and it should be their choice when it comes to abortion. Martin Luther King challenged the nation to live out a more consistent obedience to the moral absolutes of the Bible. He felt that people believed in the Bible but they didn't necessarily practice all aspects of it. He wanted everyone to be treated fairly. I think both Jesus and Martin Luther King would be happy if they visited a Catholic Church now because its parishoners are from many races and are very diversified. They would both be unhappy with how important material things are to people and the excuses people have not to attend mass. Jesus would be happy with Protestantism and how the bible is the one rule of faith and practice. Martin Luther King would be happy about the marriages of priests since he was a married minister.

No comments: